OUTLAW is coming to Bristol this May for the very first time!
At OUTLAW we celebrate all things handmade and artisan and we’re looking for 80 artisan makers to showcase their products alongside our workshop programme, demos and other exciting activities.
OUTLAW will be taking place at the incredibly atmospheric Passenger Shed, Brunel’s Old Station (BS1 6QH). The Victorian, Grade 1 listed, original passenger terminal is located right next next to Bristol Temple Meads Station. Meaning it’s a perfect, city centre location with easy access to the whole of the South!
Want to apply? Just read the application notes below and then click the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom of the page.
Who and what we’re looking for?
Please read the following criteria carefully as these are the things we are looking for when we make our final selection.
An Outlaw exhibitor…
- is an artisan maker (of awesome craft or food) with products made or designed by themselves and produced either by hand or in a small scale production method.
- makes different and exciting products not readily seen on the high street
- beautifully presents their products and decorates their exhibition stand to make their space stand out from the rest.
- has a range of goods on sale with values typically between £1 and £150
Points to note…
- If you are a foodie producer, we can only accept pre-packaged artisan products.
- Unfortunately, Outlaw isn’t the event for fine art or high end fashion or vintage.
- If you make items in a popular genre eg jewellery or textiles, the competition is fierce and your items need to have a specific point of difference.
How we review your application
We review every application carefully and take time to consider how we put together our final selection of exhibitors. Your application form is all we have to go on, so it’s important that you fill it out in as much detail as possible as this is the only evidence we have to make our decision. It’s the perfect opportunity to explain why you are different from the rest!
Read the criteria above when making your application as we use this during the review process to decide if you are a good fit with the Outlaw ethos.
The photos you submit are vitally important in the review process so make sure, when selecting images, you show us the whole range of products you want to sell as well as an example of what your stand will look like.
What we’ll do to make OUTLAW a success
We want our visitors to have a great day out but we also want to support our incredibly talented makers and ensure they have a profitable and fruitful event .
We’re looking to attract 4000 visitors over the two days which offers you a great opportunity to showcase your products to a targeted, local audience.
We have a full marketing and PR campaign lined up for this event and you will see us in the local and national press, on billboards, at bus stops and on leaflets and posters.
We will actively post about our makers products and business on our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. We also post a spotlight feature about selected makers on our blog.
Many of our previous exhibitors have received trade enquiries directly as a result of exhibiting at OUTLAW and at this event we will be specifically inviting local retailers to come along.
We also believe OUTLAW is an incredible networking opportunity for you! With over 80 very talented makers in one room it’s a fantastic opportunity to discuss join ventures or partnerships.
Exhibition space, costs and what to expect from us
Standard Space : 2m wide x 2m deep – £165 for 2 days
Looking for something bigger? Please get in touch.
What’s else is included in the fee?
- Business listing (inc. contact details) of your company in our event programme which will be given to every visitor on arrival.
- Listing of your business on the ‘Makers’ page of our website, including one image, your business name and a link to your website.
- One chair (although just ask a member of the team for another one if you need it)
- Access to WIFI (subject to connectivity)
- Two complimentary teas or coffees from the deli (to get you going in the morning!)
You will need to keep within your chosen exhibition space, but use as creatively as possible. Your exhibition space will be next to your neighbour’s, so bear this in mind when you design and set up your stand. You will need to get in and out of your space without disturbing your neighbour. If you’re bringing your own table please make sure it will fit within this area.
Important Dates & Info
Venue: The Passenger Shed, Brunel’s Old Station, Station Approach, Bristol, BS1 6QH
Event Dates & Public Opening Times: 2 & 3 May 2015, 10am – 5pm
Exhibitor Setup: Friday 1 May 2015, late afternoon and evening. Exact timings tbc.
How to Apply
Complete the application form by clicking the apply button below and applications will close at midnight on 23 February . We will consider each application carefully and will notify you by close of business on 26 February as to whether we can offer you a place or not.
Stand payments will be due by 8 March.
Thank you for wanting to be part of OUTLAW and we look forward to receiving your application.